Thursday, April 26, 2007

5 and 6th day - Byebye Bangkok and Hello to Koh Tao...Paradise on Earth!

Yes...I have seen paradise, but before I start with this, a quick Suzette on what happened the past few days.
Yesterday was pretty fucked up you know.
We got a VIP bus/ship ticket from Bangkok to Koh Tao for like 10euros.
At 6pm we left Khaosan Road and walked all the way to the buses where I met some really cool people. I met some guy from Nijmegen (greeings to Pauly from here btw) and some dude from Japan who was REALLY cool. He has been travelling Thailand for some days with his skateboard, just skating all day long and chilling.
So we entered the bus, drove out of this smog-infected city and we, Michael and I, where very happy to leave Bangkok for a few days.
After some minutes the bus stopped for like an hour for unknown reasons and it started raining; that's what I call perfect timing.
Anyway, so we where driving out of Bangkok and thinking how the island will be.
Sleeping was almost impossible because Thai roads are...rather PRETTY FUCKED UP to be honest, but still, its possible to ride on them...I think...
Bus ride was OK, not good, but OK for the money and a distance of 800km.
After like 8 hours, we got dropped off at ChumPORN...hehehe I said porn...and well, was pretty boring there since it was something like 4am in the morning and nothing to do there.
Chumporn is interesting as...as...the parking lot of the NHTV (my school) or as interesting studying for social economics....
Anyway, luckily this Japanese dude (damn, I forgot his name :( ) had his skateboard with him so we decided to skate around in Chumporn.
Imagine a very local, unknown Thai village with nothing to do there with two crazy guys skating at 4am in the morning...was pretty fun hehe.
Chumporn was pretty small but still it had a 7eleven nearby...7eleven is a 24hour supermarket and every fucking Small village/town/whatever has one of those. Really crazy.... and we in Europe barley have something like this tzztzz shame on EUROPE!!!!!
Anyway, that Japanese dude was pretty cool and interesting too. Told me that he had a skate accident a couple of years ago where his skull got crushed (see picture below) and where his brain was dripping ;) Pretty fun shit if you ask me....I think that's way he was so crazy hehe.
For a Japanese dude who works all the fucking time, he was pretty chill and very different from other Japanese people I know.







Well, so after some hours of waiting, talking and skating we finally left Chumporn with the ship to Koh Tao.


I don't have a lot of time writing stuff cause the internetcafe is closing in like 10 minutes so I just post the promised pictures of paradise.
Its really really nice here and I'm having the best time ever.


Its good to be out of Bangkok for a few days.
Enjoy the picture and dream :)

I'm staying also in a bungalow near the beach so you can imagine how cool it is to be here hehe.
Its different than Bangkok, more relaxed and more clean...exactly what I need.


OK, the guy here is really pissed off now so I'm leaving.
Gonna post some more stuff and pictures some other time:)


Byebye, Stef


PS: click picture to enlarge hehe





No comments: